PALO SANTO 4"
PALO SANTO 4"
Sale Sold out
Regular price $3.00
Regular priceUnit price per
- PALO SANTO is a tree, the wood of which is of spiritual significance to indigenous people in South America. The wood is considered sacred, and its Spanish meaning is “holy wood”. PALO SANTO is a sacred tree which grows in select parts of South America. It has been used for centuries by shamans in ritual prayer, ceremonies and healing. Rich in brain-oxygenating terpenes such as limonene and a-terpineol, PALO SANTO has an uplifting and positive effect.
- PALO SANTO: For thousands of years, the PALO SANTO wood, have been used for medicinal purposes. Dating all the way back to Incan Empire, it has been very pouplar among indigenous populations assigning to it sacred healing properties, and for its unique fragance. Shamans would use the wood in ceremonies and rituals, believing that the resulting smoke would cleanse the surrounding atmosphere and protection, honoring the meaning of its name: "Holy Wood"
- HOW TO USE IT: Take one stick and light it with a candle, match or lighter. Allow the Palo Santo stick to burn for 30 seconds to a minute, then carefully blow it out. Never leave the burning PALO SANTO unattended
- PROPERTIES: Ancient Incas believed that by energetically letting go of the unwanted, its burned high resine allows the recipient to feel spiritually grounded. Much of the palo santo popularity comes from its rich aroma with notes of pine, mint, and lemon. Some consider the smell to resemble baked apples or burnt sugar.
- SUSTAINABILITY: The demand of palo santo is quite high throughout the world. Due to this, there are some concerns that the tree may be being harvested beyond it’s capacity. Following very strict rules about PALO SANTO harvesting, our company endorses the environmental protection obtaining the PALO SANTO harvsting certificate extended by the Peruvian Forestal Administration.